Canceled cable comes with shocking bill
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WTVD) -- A local woman cut back on her expenses and canceled her cable TV subscription with Time Warner Cable.
The company was supposed to send Mary empty boxes to ship the equipment back. Instead of getting an empty box, she got a box filled with a DVR and cable modem. Then Mary called Time Warner.
"I talked to the woman and she laughed and said she had never heard of anything like that. I said well let me speak to the supervisor, I want to get this thing straightened out," Mary said.
But she didn't get it straightened out.
"And then three or four days later, boom! I get another box. And this one's heavy too. And I open it up - another DVR and the whole thing and I just couldn't believe it," Mary said.
Mary called Time Warner again. They sent her an empty box, but it wasn't big enough to mail back three DVR boxes and three cable modems. Along with the empty box, she got a shocker of a bill.
"And then I received this bill - $975.82! I almost had a heart attack!" Mary said.
The nearly $1,000 bill was because Mary was being charged for all the equipment she received.
Mary got in touch with me, and I reached out to Time Warner. The next day a rep was at her house and picked up the equipment. A rep with the company said they regret that the equipment was sent in error and apologized.
troubleshooter, diane wilson
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Brees sharp, Saints beat Panthers 31-13
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help