Woman's mailbox trashed by city truck
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Kendra Cooper says her son was a witness when a City of Raleigh garbage truck picked up her trash, and also trashed her mailbox with its mechanical arm.
"He immediately came outside and tried to track down the driver, but he kept on going," said Cooper.
Cooper said her son took pictures of the damage and called the city.
"I notified the city 30 minutes of the incident, from that time up until now, I've gotten no type of response," she said.
And when calling got her nowhere, she went online.
"I actually did the online complaint and I actually sent an email attachment as well with six or seven pictures," said Cooper.
But two weeks after she says her mailbox was damaged, and no response from anyone at the City of Raleigh, Cooper turned to me.
"Very frustrating, I work every day. I pay my taxes. I try and do right by Raleigh, but to have to go other extremes just to get something done, just to get something done that was of no fault of my own, it kind of makes me feel wishy washy if the city of Raleigh is even dependable," Cooper offered.
I sent emails to the City of Raleigh public information department and that same day a man with the city was at Cooper's home. He put up a new post, mailbox, and even new house numbers. It was a welcome site to Cooper.
"Diane, I thank you so so, so, so much, and I so appreciate your service," she said.
No one from the city got back to me for comment.
wake county, troubleshooter, diane wilson
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday 17 min ago
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Flight delays and cancellations from the...
14 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help