Long wait for leaky dishwasher fix
ROUGEMONT, N.C. (WTVD) -- When you buy a new appliance, you expect it to last several years.
Bill Bailey bought a new dishwasher from Sears, and even purchased the extended warranty thinking it would give him extra protection.
But he didn't have to wait long until he ran into problems.
"We ran it for approximately three months, and it started leaking and failed," Bill said.
He said he called Sears right away and they told him it would be three weeks before they could get to it.
"They finally got an authorized repairman out and he said it was a broken pump in the dishwasher," Bill said. "As a matter of fact, from the looks of it, the pump was either broken on installation or had broken during installation."
The part had to be ordered, and all Bill could do was wait.
"About three weeks later, they called and said they couldn't get the part," Bill said.
Bill also said a rep with Sears told him they would replace the dishwasher. But he said that didn't happen either.
"We called them and they said they couldn't find the new dishwasher in the warehouse," he said.
Fed up, Bill went straight to Sears and just wanted his money back, which he says they agreed to do. Sears came and got the broken dishwasher, but Bill said he still never received his refund.
That's when Bill called me.
I got in touch with Sears, and then Bill finally got what he has been waiting for.
"They were more than happy to give us a complete refund and additionally a $100 gift certificate. It was amazing, thank you Diane!" Bill said.
While a rep did get in touch with Bill right away, they did not add any comment.
troubleshooter, diane wilson
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County 4 min ago
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash 39 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands 34 min ago
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic 48 min ago
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help