Big cable bill leaves customer fuming
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Dan Sawyer wasn't expecting a bill for over $250 from Time Warner Cable - not after he says he was promised a promotional rate of $150.
"I called Time Warner. They said well, there was an installation fee on there that should have been waived, so they waived that fee," said Sawyer.
But Sawyer's next bill was still more than $200, so he called Time Warner a second time. A rep said they would research it and get back to him.
"A few days went by. They called me back, indicated that they had reviewed the phone call, and indeed I was offered that price for 24 months based on the deal that they offered However, they weren't going to honor that price," Sawyer recalled. "The best price I was going to get was the one that was on the bill, which was around $216 for the monthly service."
Sawyer reached out to me and I called Time Warner Cable. Soon, a rep got in touch with Sawyer.
"I got a call from a Time Warner manager. She identified herself and said they were going to honor the pricing for the next 24 months as I was quoted," said Sawyer.
A rep with Time Warner told me the confusion happened because an agent quoted Sawyer the wrong promotional rate. But, the company will honor the quoted rate and said it appreciates Sawyer making the switch. It also apologized for Sawyer not having the kind of experience he should have.
troubleshooter, diane wilson
- Search under way for missing swimmer in Hope Mills 14 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill 48 min ago
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped
- Two killed, several injured in Fayetteville crash
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Traffic returns to Wash. bridge that collapsed
- NAACP, students challenge education changes
- Search under way for missing swimmer in...
14 min ago
- Controversy after Wake Schools announces...
4 min ago
- Police: Hit and run driver suspected of DWI
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos