Man wants new home done right
ORANGE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Chad Foster has enjoyed his new home, but not the problems that he said developed within the first year.
Foster told ABC11 that floors had gaps and finish issues, the roof developed a leak, and there was damage to some granite.
Foster said his builder - Beazer Homes - did take care of some of the issues, but not the main ones.
"At one point in time, they just quit returning telephone calls. I would call the main office in Raleigh, and they would say someone would call you back and they would never contact us back," said Foster.
Frustrated, Foster turned to the Better Business Bureau and the attorney general's office, but said in each response Beazer just said the issues had already been addressed.
"Very frustrating, because it's a big investment on my family's behalf and to have to fight a large company to get simple things taken care of," Foster explained.
When Foster turned to me for help, I got in touch with Beazer homes and Foster got a welcome call.
"They responded immediately and I had several people contact me, basically from the region president to his next in line. The vice president actually came out, saw our concern, and they were out there probably within four or five days taking care of issues," said Foster.
With all the issues resolved, and Foster said he's is enjoying his new home with his family.
A representative with Beazer Homes told me it did fix all items covered under the warranty, and she added they are thrilled Foster is happy in his home, as that's always their goal.
orange county, troubleshooter, diane wilson
- Three arrested in murder of north Raleigh mom
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial 41 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Okla. storms hit close to home for some
- Lightning sparks Raleigh apartment fire
- Garcia makes fried chicken remark about Tiger
- Candidates for Wake superintendent narrowed to 3
- Forensic expert reads emails from Janet Abaroa
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' - who won season 16?
- Arias speaks out about case in jailhouse interview
- NC attorney general warns of disaster relief scams