Man wants new home done right
ORANGE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Chad Foster has enjoyed his new home, but not the problems that he said developed within the first year.
Foster told ABC11 that floors had gaps and finish issues, the roof developed a leak, and there was damage to some granite.
Foster said his builder - Beazer Homes - did take care of some of the issues, but not the main ones.
"At one point in time, they just quit returning telephone calls. I would call the main office in Raleigh, and they would say someone would call you back and they would never contact us back," said Foster.
Frustrated, Foster turned to the Better Business Bureau and the attorney general's office, but said in each response Beazer just said the issues had already been addressed.
"Very frustrating, because it's a big investment on my family's behalf and to have to fight a large company to get simple things taken care of," Foster explained.
When Foster turned to me for help, I got in touch with Beazer homes and Foster got a welcome call.
"They responded immediately and I had several people contact me, basically from the region president to his next in line. The vice president actually came out, saw our concern, and they were out there probably within four or five days taking care of issues," said Foster.
With all the issues resolved, and Foster said he's is enjoying his new home with his family.
A representative with Beazer Homes told me it did fix all items covered under the warranty, and she added they are thrilled Foster is happy in his home, as that's always their goal.
orange county, troubleshooter, diane wilson
- Police investigate shooting death as homicide
- FDA to regulate e-cigarettes
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Dogwood Festival ready for weather, crowds
- Mother claims daughter assaulted on field trip
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash
- I-Team: Babies not getting care due to backlog
- I-Team: Mom warns of shopping cart danger
- Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear
- Local roofer banned from taking money up front
- New Georgia law makes it legal to carry weapons into bars,...
- Video: Historic NCSU building set for demolition
- Video: Bruce Springsteen fans gather for PNC Arena...