Traveler wants refund following Hurricane Sandy
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- When a Triangle woman couldn't get a full refund for a trip canceled due to Hurricane Sandy, she got in touch with ABC11 Troubleshooter Diane Wilson.
Lu Anne Weaver was all set ready to go to Atlantic City for some fun when Sandy came ashore.
"We couldn't go because of the weather conditions," said Weaver.
It was not what Weaver wanted to hear about her bus trip to Atlantic City over Halloween.
"Hurricane Sandy came and destroyed most of New Jersey, so the trip was canceled," said Weaver.
Weaver was disappointed, but wasn't worried as she thought she'd get a full refund since the flyer she got about the trip said if the trip was canceled, she'd be refunded. However, Weaver quickly found out she wouldn't get a full refund because she didn't rebook the trip within two weeks.
Weaver said she couldn't get off work again, since she was just off when the trip was supposed to go in the first place.
"She didn't give us a choice to reschedule or anything," said Weaver.
Weaver said the organizer of the trip said she would refund the money for the hotel, but not the bus. Waver waited but said she never got the hotel refund, so she got in touch with me.
"She wasn't listening until I called Diane, and Diane called and one phone call, and she called back and said she would refund everyone their money," said Weaver.
Weaver not only got a refund of her hotel costs, but bus too, for a total refund over $300.
"I am happy, yes, and the other people I know, I think there's seven of us were all very happy as everyone got their money back in full," said Weaver.
The organizer of the trip never got back to me as to why Weaver and the others did not get refunded before I got involved, but the good news is they are happy with their full refund.
abc11 troubleshooter, troubleshooter, diane wilson
- Possible tornado damage reported in Franklin County 9 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Wake County Schools name new superintendent
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire 43 min ago
- Did Wake Co teacher encourage bullying?
- UNC ousts Tigers from CWS with 4-2 win
- Are there repercussions to 'Moral Monday' arrests?
- Southern Pines officer remembered 11 min ago
- New charge for man in Raleigh hit and run
- Fayetteville man faces 139 sex charges
- Long road to recovery for child attacked by dog
- New England Patriots star to be question about a murder