Homeowner fumes over furnace repair refund
FRANKLINTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Franklin County woman paid for a furnace repair, but when it didn't happen she turned to the ABC11 Troubleshooter.
Fannie Brown waited, but when the repairman couldn't get the part, it just got colder and colder and she was literally left in the cold. Brown paid Monroe Harris $550 for her furnace to be repaired last year.
"He said he would order the part and he would get back with me when the part came in," said Brown.
The part came in, but Brown said Harris told her it was the wrong part and he had to send it back.
"I didn't hear from him again," said Brown. "So, about two weeks later, I called him again because, in the meantime, it was getting colder and colder."
When there was still no fix, Brown said she had to call another company to repair her furnace and paid them more than $400 to do the repair she had already paid Harris to do.
"I wanted my money back and I expected to get it," she said.
Harris sent Brown a letter last February letting her know that he would refund her by March, which came and went with no refund.
"I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, because I understand that sometimes you run into hardships and you can't pay and he had been dependable before," said Brown.
Brown got in touch with me and I reached out to Harris, who sent Brown's entire $550 back.
"You got on it right away and I do appreciate that," said Brown.
Harris apologized it took so long to get Brown her money back. He said he was out of work for some time and that's why it took him so long.
franklin county, abc11 troubleshooter, troubleshooter, diane wilson
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help