Businessman waits for paycheck
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Triangle businessman said he did thousands of dollars in work but couldn't get paid.
Tony Williams is an HVAC contractor who said he did all the work he was hired to do correctly, but was still owed thousands.
Tony owns T.A.W. Enterprize HVAC. He signed a service agreement with the Community Builders Inc. back in May.
"They have 240 units here, four locations that I was requested to do work on. They would call me and I would immediately come over when they needed me and do whatever service work they needed me to," Tony said.
According to the contract, Tony would get paid within 30 to 45 days of the invoice.
At first, he turned in his invoices and was paid on time. Then he said the pay started slowing down and he was not paid in full. Now he's left with thousands in unpaid invoices.
"I have invoices that are anywhere from 75 to 155 days past due as we speak," he said. "I'm due $6,831.82."
Tony said he reached out to the local manager and district manager several times.
"I kept getting stories it's en route, it's en route," Tony said.
He said not getting paid for work he had already completed took a toll on his business.
"I'm investing money in parts, material that needed to be used, labor, when I have to hire help to help me. I'm still having to pay my people, pay for my parts," Tony said. "I can't pay my bills to do what I need to do if they're not paying me."
Frustrated, Tony contacted me. I reached out to the Community Builders Inc.
They contacted Tony the next business day and told him his checks were ready, which totaled more than $6,800. He's now paid in full.
The district manager for the Community Builders Inc. said the delay in payment was due to Tony's work far exceeding budget.
Tony said they approved every invoice.
durham county, troubleshooter, diane wilson
- Ice, rain, wind causing flooding, delays, outages 54 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- Ice, rain, wind causing flooding, delays,...
56 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help