What was that chant at Duke vs. NCSU game?
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- Did Duke fans make inappropriate chants from the sidelines at Thursday night's game against NC State?
The controversy lit up social media websites Friday with some accusing fans of chanting "How's your grandma," to NCSU player Tyler Lewis - a freshman guard from Statesville, N.C.
Lewis' grandmother passed away February 1.
But video of the chant posted on YouTube was inconclusive.
Some said the chant was "Past your bedtime" to the youthful looking player.
Other witnesses reported it was just a couple of fans and not the entire Cameron Crazies section.
NC State tells ABC 11 as far as the coaches and athletic department are concerned, they didn't hear "How's your grandma" and they don't believe there was any organized chant on the part of the Duke student section.
Duke never trailed in the game and held off a Wolfpack rally to win 98-85.
N.C. State - the preseason favorite in the ACC - lost its third straight and was denied its first win in Cameron Indoor Stadium since 1995.
duke basketball, nc state basketball, sports
- Funeral held for North Hills murder victim 29 min ago
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Photos: Raleigh's Artsplosure
- 4 year old injured in Durham hit-and-run 20 min ago
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- Boston Marathon bombing victim returns home to NC
- Body of missing Ohio man pulled from NC waters
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in'
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards
- OJ Simpson lawyers say he is closer to freedom
- Medical emergency eyed in Va. parade crash