Bank error nearly causes veteran, 91, to lose home
PASADENA, Texas (WTVD) -- Severina Wilson is a 91-year-old widow, and a veteran of both World War ll and Korea. And through no fault of her own, she was about to lose her Texas home.
The 91-year-old was afraid she'd be kicked out of her home after receiving foreclosure papers. But it all turned out to be a big mix-up, and luckily she found the right help to get it all sorted out.
On Friday, the widow and veteran was to be evicted from her home but she had done nothing to lose it. Proving it was another matter, until some lawyers with hearts and a bank willing to correct the mistake intervened.
Severina Wilson has seen a lot in her life. She served in the Army during World War II, and during the Korean War, she was assigned to the Marines. What she never expected to see was a foreclosure notice.
- Search for missing swimmer to resume Thursday
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Senate panel votes to ease landfill restrictions 22 min ago
- NWS confirms Franklin County tornado
- Wake superintendent named, controversy begins
- Sopranos actor James Gandolfini dies of cardiac arrest 13 min ago
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport