Bank error nearly causes veteran, 91, to lose home
PASADENA, Texas (WTVD) -- Severina Wilson is a 91-year-old widow, and a veteran of both World War ll and Korea. And through no fault of her own, she was about to lose her Texas home.
The 91-year-old was afraid she'd be kicked out of her home after receiving foreclosure papers. But it all turned out to be a big mix-up, and luckily she found the right help to get it all sorted out.
On Friday, the widow and veteran was to be evicted from her home but she had done nothing to lose it. Proving it was another matter, until some lawyers with hearts and a bank willing to correct the mistake intervened.
Severina Wilson has seen a lot in her life. She served in the Army during World War II, and during the Korean War, she was assigned to the Marines. What she never expected to see was a foreclosure notice.
- Ice, rain, wind causing flooding, delays, outages 1 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- The latest ABC11 First Alert Weather forecast
25 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help