Father charged in infant's death
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A father is now facing murder charges for the death of his baby.
Police initially arrested 29-year-old Demetrius Lashawne Morant last December and charged him with child abuse of his two-month-old son.
Investigators said Morant beat his son so badly that the child had bleeding from the brain.
Last month, shortly before the child's first birthday, the boy died at WakeMed.
Morant remains in the Wake County Jail.
north carolina news, raleigh news, homicide, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project 59 min ago
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation 50 min ago
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham...
59 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help