Father charged in infant's death
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A father is now facing murder charges for the death of his baby.
Police initially arrested 29-year-old Demetrius Lashawne Morant last December and charged him with child abuse of his two-month-old son.
Investigators said Morant beat his son so badly that the child had bleeding from the brain.
Last month, shortly before the child's first birthday, the boy died at WakeMed.
Morant remains in the Wake County Jail.
north carolina news, raleigh news, homicide, local/state
- Residents gather signatures to protest Publix store 32 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies 21 min ago
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- McCrory lights State Capitol Christmas tree
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help