Police say employee sexually assaulted in robbery
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Authorities in Fayetteville are searching for two men who robbed an auto parts store and sexually assaulted an employee Saturday night.
It happened at the Advance Auto store on Owen Drive at Cumberland Road around 8:20 p.m.
Fayetteville police say the robbers came into the store and asked about a part for a car. As a female employee searched for the part, one the men pulled out a gun and demanded money.
The store's employees were taken to the back of the store where one of the robbers held a male employee at gunpoint while the second robber sexually assaulted the female employee.
The robbers then fled.
About an hour later, an Advance Auto Parts in Lumberton was robbed by two men who match the description of the Fayetteville robbers.
They were both African American with dark complexions, about 5' 9"; to 5' 10", 23-24 years old with thin builds. They were wearing baseball caps with dark jackets and dark pants.
Police are urgently asking the public for help.
"It's very imperative that if anyone say anything during that time frame, a vehicle in front of that store, persons leaving or walking up to that store please call detectives here at the Fayetteville Police Department," said Fayetteville Police Lt. Todd Joyce. "It was a very heinous crime that occurred Saturday night to an employee at that store. We'd ask anyone who saw anything to please call us."
Anyone with information is asked to call the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1856 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).Crimestoppers information can also be submitted electronically, by visiting http://www.fay-nccrimestoppers.org/send_a_tip.aspx and completing the anonymous online tip sheet.
north carolina news, cumberland county news, fayetteville news, robbery, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help