Police say employee sexually assaulted in robbery
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Authorities in Fayetteville are searching for two men who robbed an auto parts store and sexually assaulted an employee Saturday night.
It happened at the Advance Auto store on Owen Drive at Cumberland Road around 8:20 p.m.
Fayetteville police say the robbers came into the store and asked about a part for a car. As a female employee searched for the part, one the men pulled out a gun and demanded money.
The store's employees were taken to the back of the store where one of the robbers held a male employee at gunpoint while the second robber sexually assaulted the female employee.
The robbers then fled.
About an hour later, an Advance Auto Parts in Lumberton was robbed by two men who match the description of the Fayetteville robbers.
They were both African American with dark complexions, about 5' 9"; to 5' 10", 23-24 years old with thin builds. They were wearing baseball caps with dark jackets and dark pants.
Police are urgently asking the public for help.
"It's very imperative that if anyone say anything during that time frame, a vehicle in front of that store, persons leaving or walking up to that store please call detectives here at the Fayetteville Police Department," said Fayetteville Police Lt. Todd Joyce. "It was a very heinous crime that occurred Saturday night to an employee at that store. We'd ask anyone who saw anything to please call us."
Anyone with information is asked to call the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1856 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).Crimestoppers information can also be submitted electronically, by visiting http://www.fay-nccrimestoppers.org/send_a_tip.aspx and completing the anonymous online tip sheet.
north carolina news, cumberland county news, fayetteville news, robbery, local/state
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 12 min ago
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche