HazMat situation in Franklin County
FRANKLIN COUNTY (WTVD) -- Hazardous material and fire teams in Franklin County were called to an apartment complex Friday about possible meth lab.
Authorities were called to a vacant apartment at the Wilson Place Apartments on Joyner Street in Franklinton just before noon.
The entire complex was evacuated because of a noxious odor was coming from one of the units.
The chief said he believed it could be a possible meth lab, but that they do not know for sure.
Further details have not been released at this time.
north carolina news, franklin county news, local/state
- Judge rules against teacher tenure state law
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Man seeks to hide 'murder' tattoo before trial
- Man killed by tractor in Johnston County
- Teen bicyclist hit by car in Johnston County
- Proposed penalties in NC Fair accident announced
- I-Team: Family says deputy hit child on bike
- Fort Bragg sex assault reporting increases as center opens
- Wake teacher pay raise could require tax increase
- Raleigh police seek 'Bearded Bandit'
- Protestors demand state leaders expand Medicaid
- Video: I-Team: Who pays coal ash cleanup cost?
- NYPD's Twitter request for photos backfires