Well traveled Raleigh road gets new name
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A well traveled road in Raleigh is getting a new name.
Starting Tuesday, the stretch of road known as "New Falls of Neuse Road" will be changed to simply "Falls of Neuse Road."
The 2.5 mile, two-lane portion of "Falls of Neuse Road" will also be renamed, "Old Falls of Neuse Road."
Wake County Commissioners recently adopted the ordinance to rename the portion of the road that extends through unincorporated areas of the county.
During the last two years, the North Carolina Department of Transportation and the City of Raleigh constructed a new section of roadway with a new bridge over the Neuse River that connected Falls of Neuse Road with New Falls of Neuse Road, creating a continuous four-lane major thoroughfare between North Raleigh and Capital Boulevard in Wake Forest.
Officials said renaming the road will help unify street names and create a continuous identity.
north carolina news, raleigh news, local/state
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests 19 min ago
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- Wingate University on lockdown 10 min ago
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Group tasked with keeping kids safe at school 13 min ago
- State prison guard attacked by inmate
- Johnston County teen faces 'sexting' charges
- Ground broken on Raleigh high-rise apartments 41 min ago
- Most popular Google questions about NC
- Sandwich shop closed for employee 'attitude adjustment'
- Authorities searching for bank robbery suspect
- Float banned from Clayton Christmas parade
4 min ago
- Group tasked with keeping kids safe at school
13 min ago
- Ground broken on Raleigh high-rise apartments
41 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help