Mother irate after child goes missing at Fayetteville elementary school
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- A Fayetteville mother panicked Tuesday when her daughter failed to show up after school.
Amy Fleischhauer went to meet her daughter at the bus stop, but the kindergartner never arrived.
Fleischhauer told ABC11 that she had no idea where her five-year-old daughter was for 45 minutes.
She called W.T. Brown Elementary School, but she says school officials didn't know where her daughter was either. So Fleischhauer went to the school and found her child on campus sitting on another bus.
When Fleischhauer asked her daughter's teacher what happened, she said the teacher said it wasn't her responsibility.
In a statement, the Cumberland County School District told ABC11 said, "We have procedures to make sure children get on the right bus and we will review procedures to see if we need to make any changes for children's safety."
The district added that teachers are supposed to double check that students get on the correct bus.
Fleischhauer says the frightening ordeal is unacceptable.
"I had no idea where she was. The school didn't know. The teacher didn't know," said Fleischhauer. "The person who is supposed to be responsible for her while at school had no idea where my daughter was."
Fleischhauer has filled out paperwork to transfer her daughter to another elementary school.
north carolina news, fayetteville news, cumberland county news, local/state, elaina athans
- Ice, rain, wind causing flooding, delays, outages 20 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- Ice, rain, wind causing flooding, delays,...
22 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help