Police seek public's help in fatal hit-and-run
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The Raleigh Police Department is looking for information into the fatal hit-and-run of an Apex man in August.
The body of 23-year-old Weston Vandemerwe was found Aug. 13 along I-40 near the Hammond Road exit.
Police have recovered a number of items of potential evidence from the scene. Several of those items were pieces of debris from vehicles.
So far, all of the pieces of vehicle debris except one have been linked to other wrecks in the area, and have been eliminated as being related to the incident that killed Vandemerwe.
The remaining piece of debris is from the right corner portion of the front bumper of a dark blue SUV. Investigating officers have determined it was part of a 2007-2014 Chevrolet Suburban, Chevrolet Avalanche, Chevrolet Tahoe, GMC Yukon, or Cadillac Escalade.
Investigators are asking the public to help them identify and locate the vehicle that the bumper part belongs to so that it can eliminated, or could require further investigation.
Anyone with information that might assist the investigation of the case should call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or visit www.raleighcrimestoppers.org for text and e-mail reporting options.
wake county news, i40, raleigh news, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina 1 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina 42 min ago
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help