Another suspect identified in Fayetteville kidnapping, murder
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Fayetteville police say they have identified a fourth suspect in a kidnapping and murder last weekend.
Police have issued a warrant for 20-year-old Kourtney Terrell Reed for first-degree murder, two counts of first-degree kidnapping, robbery with a dangerous weapon, and conspiracy to commit robbery in connection with the death of Errol Williams on Sept. 1.
Detectives also are looking for of 31-year-old Kelly Eugene Elliott, who faces the same charge as Reed, and 36-year-old Anthony Solomon Porter.
A fourth man identified as 31-year-old Eric Lamont Phillips was arrested by Fayetteville police on Tuesday.
Police say Reed and Elliott should be considered armed and dangerous.
Detectives said Errol Williams, 27, was kidnapped at a Kangaroo gas station in the 5600 block of Bragg Boulevard on Sunday, and forced to drive to the Shaw Heights area. That's where he was killed when he tried to escape.
Police said three men in a gray or silver newer model Kia Sportage were the kidnappers. Surveillance video from the Kangaroo convenience shows one of the suspects and the car.
Chief Harold Medlock said detectives have recovered the Kia. He also said he believes Williams was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Police said the suspects went back to the same convenience store just after 3 p.m. Sunday and stole the store's video surveillance system. While they were in the store, they also robbed two more people.
The suspects then left the store in the same Kia used earlier in the day.
During their investigation, authorities identified Porter and Phillips in connection with several armed robberies in Fayetteville.
One of them involved a shooting on Aug. 18 in the 1800 block of Conover Drive. Authorities issued a warrant for Porter on assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury charges in connection with the incident.
Porter also has active warrants in Raleigh for two counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon.
Phillips is currently being held at the Cumberland County Detention Center on a $75,000 secured bond on two counts of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and possession with intent to sell/deliver cocaine.
Police have also identified a person of interest in the homicide investigation as 21-year-old Joseph DeShawn Haskins. Detectives are requesting that Haskins come forward and speak with them.
Anyone with information concerning the whereabouts of Reed or Elliott is asked to call the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1690 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county news, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Temps to plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday 2 min ago
- Durham girl's wish comes true
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Woman unknowingly tweets husband's fatal car crash
- Fayetteville man charged with woman's murder 6 min ago
- Fort Bragg soldiers say goodbye, head to Afghanistan
- Man charged with shooting Durham teens
- Woman killed in Holly Springs crash
- Durham girl's wish comes true
- McCrory, GOP lawmakers hit Outer Banks bridge case
- Video: Some travel delays at RDU
- CDC: Water at Marine base linked to birth defects
- Video: Raleigh preps for Winterfest
- Mandela's humility and charm shined through life
- Armed Forces Salute: Anna Laurel
44 min ago
- No. 20 Duke relishes worst-to-first ride
53 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help