Aberdeen man charged with child sex offense
ABERDEEN, N.C. (WTVD) -- Moore County officials have arrested a man in connection with the sexual assaults of 8 and 10 year old children.
Investigators arrested 30-year-old Martin Rubio Alverez, of Aberdeen on Friday.
Alverez was charged with four counts of felony indecent liberties with a minor, four counts of felony child abuse, two counts of sexual battery, and two counts of assault on a child under 12.
He is being held in the Moore County Detention Center under a $100,000 secured bond. His first court appearance is scheduled for Sept. 16.
moore county, sex offense, local/state
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 12 min ago
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche