Body found at recycling plant identified
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- The body found at a Fayetteville recycling plant has been identified as 53-year old Margie Bernard McLaurin.
McLaurin, 53, of the 2300 block of Edgar Street, Fayetteville was found lying among cardboard boxes by an employee of Pratt Industries on Owen Drive Thursday.
Neighbors who spoke to ABC11 were stunned to hear the news.
"Around here you never know, you know. People try to make a living and they try to make it out here, and you know people just take life for granted," said neighbor Yvonne Morrison. "And it's sad this has happened to her in that way, you know. To dispose of someone like that is just horrible."
The cause of McLaurin's death is undetermined, pending the outcome of toxicology testing.
Cumberland County Sheriff's homicide detectives are continuing with their investigation.
cumberland county, local/state
- Duke Chapel holds Mandela memorial 1 min ago
- Snowball fight could lead to criminal charges
- Airline's sweet surprise for passengers
- One day left to help hungry families through the holidays
- Shooting reported in Raleigh 24 min ago
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Modest Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- Serial bank robber arrested in Durham
- Bubba the goat is no longer on the lam
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact
- Car crashes on Glenwood Avenue during chase
- Walmart, AIG say they plan nearly 700 NC jobs
- Groups shun NC critics, appeal Bonner Bridge case
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help