Arrest in mystery Raleigh assault case
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police announced Thursday they have made an arrest in a mysterious assault at a Raleigh convenience store.
The Raleigh Police Department released surveillance photos Wednesday of a woman and a man who allegedly assaulted her at a store on New Bern Avenue on August 20 around 12:15 a.m.
Witnesses said the pair arrived at the store together in the same car and the victim entered the store first. The man came in moments later and began to assault the victim by hitting and kicking her. He then forced her into a restroom where police said it's believed the assault continued.
Police said both people left the store before officers arrived and they didn't know who they were. After making the photos public, Raleigh police said Thursday that 29-year-old Gregory Leon Bolden has been charged with assault on a female, habitual misdemeanor assault, and driving with a revoked driver's license.
According to an arrest warrant, Bolden punched and kicked his victim, who police say was his girlfriend, leaving her with a "bloody nose" and a "black/bruised eye."
The warrant also says Bolden was previously convicted of assault on a female twice in October 2007.
wake county, local/state
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Second suspect named in double murder 34 min ago
- World leaders to speak at massive Mandela memorial
- Deputy hits deer, tree in Moore County 5 min ago
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- Art Pope says he's sad about Roses, Maxway pickets 24 min ago
- Audit shows problems with NC Tracks
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek
- Bicyclist charged with DWI
- Online promotion idea turns sour for cupcake shop owner
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help