Body found at Cumberland recycling plant
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- The Cumberland County Sheriff's Office says detectives have begun a death investigation after a body was found Thursday morning at a recycling plant in Fayetteville.
According to deputies, they got a call from Pratt Industries at 3780 Owen Drive shortly before 8:30 a.m. when an employee found the woman's body lying in a pile of cardboard boxes.
The body was partially decomposed and is now at the medical examiner's office.
There's no word on how long it may have been at the recycling center or where it came from.
cumberland county, local/state
- Police investigate shooting death as homicide 59 min ago
- FDA to regulate e-cigarettes
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Dogwood Festival ready for weather, crowds 39 min ago
- Mother claims daughter assaulted on field trip
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash
- I-Team: Babies not getting care due to backlog
- I-Team: Mom warns of shopping cart danger
- Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear
- Local roofer banned from taking money up front
- New Georgia law makes it legal to carry weapons into bars,...
- Video: Historic NCSU building set for demolition
- Video: Bruce Springsteen fans gather for PNC Arena...
- Dogwood Festival ready for weather, crowds
39 min ago
- Residents concerned about coal ash in Kerr...
48 min ago
- Police investigate shooting death as homicide
59 min ago