Body found at Cumberland recycling plant
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- The Cumberland County Sheriff's Office says detectives have begun a death investigation after a body was found Thursday morning at a recycling plant in Fayetteville.
According to deputies, they got a call from Pratt Industries at 3780 Owen Drive shortly before 8:30 a.m. when an employee found the woman's body lying in a pile of cardboard boxes.
The body was partially decomposed and is now at the medical examiner's office.
There's no word on how long it may have been at the recycling center or where it came from.
cumberland county, local/state
- Temps to plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Durham girl's wish comes true
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Woman unknowingly tweets husband's fatal car crash
- Woman struck, killed by car in Harnett County
- Son: Graham's health declining
- Wake Forest bank robbery suspect caught
- Motorcyclist killed in Durham County crash
- No. 20 Duke relishes worst-to-first ride
- Xerox calls police before layoffs
- High School Football Scores - Playoffs Week 4
- Hurricanes surge past Sharks
- Raleigh Winterfest 2013-2014
- Icy storm slams Southwest, shuts down North Texas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help