Attempted robbery suspect sought in Durham
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Police are trying to find the man they say tried to rob a shopper who was trying to put his groceries in his vehicle.
Police want to arrest 49-year-old James Sowell Jr.
They say he tried to rob a man in the Kroger parking lot on North Pointe Drive around 1:30 a.m. on Aug. 18.
Police say Sowell put something in the man's side and demanded money.
The victim grabbed a rake from his truck and started to call 911. That's when the suspect ran away empty handed.
Sowell has been charged with attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call police at (919) 560-4582 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
durham county, robbery, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help