Fort Bragg soldier killed in Afghanistan
FORT BRAGG, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Department of Defense announced that a Fort Bragg soldier was killed Tuesday in Afghanistan.
Officials said 37-year-old Master Sgt. George A. Bannar Jr., of Orange, Va., died of injuries sustained when enemy forces attacked his unit with small arms fire in Wardak Province, Afghanistan.
Bannar was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group at Fort Bragg.
fort bragg, local/state
- I-Team: Miller was in witness protection
- FDA to regulate e-cigarettes
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- I-Team: Mom warns of shopping cart danger
- Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear
- Local roofer banned from taking money up front
- New Georgia law makes it legal to carry weapons into bars,...
- Video: Historic NCSU building set for demolition 11 min ago
- Video: Bruce Springsteen fans gather for PNC Arena... 9 min ago
- Video: Critics call Georgia's new law the "guns... 9 min ago
- Lawmakers propose dumping Common Core
- Video: Bishop Burbidge on canonization of popes
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Bruce Springsteen fans gather for PNC Arena...
9 min ago