Fort Bragg soldier killed in Afghanistan
FORT BRAGG, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Department of Defense announced that a Fort Bragg soldier was killed Tuesday in Afghanistan.
Officials said 37-year-old Master Sgt. George A. Bannar Jr., of Orange, Va., died of injuries sustained when enemy forces attacked his unit with small arms fire in Wardak Province, Afghanistan.
Bannar was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group at Fort Bragg.
fort bragg, local/state
- Residents gather signatures to protest Publix store
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- McCrory lights State Capitol Christmas tree
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help