NCCU coach suspended
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- North Carolina Central Head Football Coach Henry Frazier has been suspended by the school after allegedly violating the terms of a domestic violence order.
Frazier was arrested Monday on the misdemeanor charge and released on $5,000 bond.
The domestic violence order was issued after Frazier was first arrested last year following a domestic dispute with his wife. Frazier is now not allowed to contact her.
A police report says Frazier wrote a letter to his ex-wife about a parking ticket, saying he had paid it and would deduct the money from his monthly alimony check. The letter was delivered by the couple's son. But the order states Frazier can't use a third party like a friend or a family member to communicate.
"As far as I can tell, she went to the magistrate's office and some magistrate issued a violation of domestic violence protective order warrant," explained Frazier's attorney Ralph Frasier.
Frazer's arrest and suspension comes as NCCU prepares to play Duke on the gridiron. Dwayne Foster, assistant head coach, will serve as acting head football coach.
"He does have a court date on September 30. We would like to have that date moved up so that we can have a trial, if necessary, and get this situation over with," said Frasier.
nccu, durham county, local/state
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Man charged with stealing names, SS numbers from soldiers
- Man struck, killed on I-95 in Selma
- Shearon Harris back in operation
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Appeal to be heard in Jason Young case
- Police: Teen in custody shot himself
- Pilot who crashed at SFO worried about landing
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Prosecutor: no domestic charges against Zimmerman
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help