Suspect wanted in ATM robbery
HOPE MILLS, N.C. (WTVD) -- Hope Mills police are searching for a man who robbed his victim at gunpoint at the CashPoints ATM at the Village Shopping Center around 9:30 p.m. on August 19.
After the victim had already made a withdrawal, the suspect walked up next to her, pointed a gun, and demanded the money.
When the victim told the suspect there was no more money in her account, the suspect ran south through the parking lot of Walmart.
The suspect is described as an African-American male in his late teens or early 20s, about 5 foot 9 inches tall, with a slim built, and short hair. The man was wearing a black and white bandanna around his face, a black tee shirt, and blue jeans.
Police say the suspect was seen getting into a dirty black Jeep, possibly a Jeep Cherokee.
If you have to use an ATM at night, police say to take a friend along, and always be aware of your surroundings.
Anyone with information about the suspect is urged to contact police at (910) 323-1500 or (910) 429-3385.
cumberland county, local/state
- Judge rules against teacher tenure state law
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Man seeks to hide 'murder' tattoo before trial
- Man killed by tractor in Johnston County
- Teen bicyclist hit by car in Johnston County
- Proposed penalties in NC Fair accident announced
- I-Team: Family says deputy hit child on bike
- Fort Bragg sex assault reporting increases as center opens
- Wake teacher pay raise could require tax increase
- Raleigh police seek 'Bearded Bandit'
- Protestors demand state leaders expand Medicaid
- Video: I-Team: Who pays coal ash cleanup cost?
- NYPD's Twitter request for photos backfires