Suspect wanted in ATM robbery
HOPE MILLS, N.C. (WTVD) -- Hope Mills police are searching for a man who robbed his victim at gunpoint at the CashPoints ATM at the Village Shopping Center around 9:30 p.m. on August 19.
After the victim had already made a withdrawal, the suspect walked up next to her, pointed a gun, and demanded the money.
When the victim told the suspect there was no more money in her account, the suspect ran south through the parking lot of Walmart.
The suspect is described as an African-American male in his late teens or early 20s, about 5 foot 9 inches tall, with a slim built, and short hair. The man was wearing a black and white bandanna around his face, a black tee shirt, and blue jeans.
Police say the suspect was seen getting into a dirty black Jeep, possibly a Jeep Cherokee.
If you have to use an ATM at night, police say to take a friend along, and always be aware of your surroundings.
Anyone with information about the suspect is urged to contact police at (910) 323-1500 or (910) 429-3385.
cumberland county, local/state
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Car accident killed girls missing since 1971
- Dress codes: Where should schools set limits?
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works 10 min ago
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation
- Amanda Hayes faces new charges in Texas
- Cumberland Co. damage caused by straight line winds