'Flight Cancelled' for Durham criminals
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- A week-long joint operation of local and state law enforcement agencies has netted 132 arrests in Durham. More than two dozen are reputed gang members.
The North Carolina Department of Public Safety, Durham County Sheriff's Office and Durham Police Department announced the results of "Operation Cancelled Flight" Friday.
In addition to the arrests, drugs, weapons, and cash were seized.
"Operation Cancelled Flight is a prime example of the great work that can be accomplished through the collaboration of state, county and local law enforcement agencies," said DPS Secretary Kieran Shanahan.
The arrests also included 34 probation breakers.
durham county, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash 48 min ago
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project 43 min ago
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation 34 min ago
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
48 min ago
- 2 shot in Gates Four community
46 min ago
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham...
43 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help