Rash of home burglaries in Cary
CARY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities in Cary say there have been over 30 break-ins reported in as many days.
From June 16 to July 16, police officers have been called to 31 home break-ins.
They said a majority of the crimes happened during the day, with suspects prying open locked windows and doors to homes throughout Cary. Incidents have mainly been in the west Cary area and near Apex. Crimes have also been reported near eastern Durham and Chatham counties.
Jewelry, cash, video games and electronics were common items reportedly taken.
In some cases, authorities said residents were at home at the time of the break-ins, but were not injured.
Officials with the Town of Cary are asking homeowners to immediately report suspicious or unfamiliar vehicles and pedestrians near their home to police.
They also advise residents to keep valuables from plain sight of the street and make sure that all doors and windows are secured.
Anyone with information on the recent break-ins is asked to call the Town of Cary Police Department at (919) 469-4012 or Cary Crime Stoppers at (919) 226-2746.
wake county, local/state
- Temps to plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Durham girl's wish comes true
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Woman unknowingly tweets husband's fatal car crash
- Woman struck, killed by car in Harnett County
- Son: Graham's health declining
- Wake Forest bank robbery suspect caught
- Motorcyclist killed in Durham County crash
- No. 20 Duke relishes worst-to-first ride
- Xerox calls police before layoffs
- High School Football Scores - Playoffs Week 4
- Hurricanes surge past Sharks
- Raleigh Winterfest 2013-2014
- Icy storm slams Southwest, shuts down North Texas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help