High speed chase ends with Durham crash
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A high-speed chase in Durham ended with a crash Thursday night.
Officials said it started when the Highway Patrol was doing license checks on Garrett Road and a driver tried to avoid the checkpoint.
Troopers chased the driver through the city at speeds topping 100 miles per hour before the driver crashed his car at Ward Street and Rosedale Avenue.
The man tried to run, but was arrested after a brief foot chase.
He is facing numerous charges related to the chase and for allegedly driving with a suspended license.
durham county, local/state
- Police investigate shooting death as homicide
- FDA to regulate e-cigarettes
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Dogwood Festival ready for weather, crowds
- Mother claims daughter assaulted on field trip
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash
- I-Team: Babies not getting care due to backlog
- I-Team: Mom warns of shopping cart danger
- Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear
- Local roofer banned from taking money up front
- New Georgia law makes it legal to carry weapons into bars,...
- Video: Historic NCSU building set for demolition
- Video: Bruce Springsteen fans gather for PNC Arena...