High speed chase ends with Durham crash
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A high-speed chase in Durham ended with a crash Thursday night.
Officials said it started when the Highway Patrol was doing license checks on Garrett Road and a driver tried to avoid the checkpoint.
Troopers chased the driver through the city at speeds topping 100 miles per hour before the driver crashed his car at Ward Street and Rosedale Avenue.
The man tried to run, but was arrested after a brief foot chase.
He is facing numerous charges related to the chase and for allegedly driving with a suspended license.
durham county, local/state
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week 9 min ago
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter 38 min ago
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 53 min ago
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- Family of Danielle Locklear opens up
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought
- GOP: Teacher crisis started before McCrory
- I-Team: Are crime alerts needed following rape?