Franklin County house goes up in flames
FRANKIN COUNTY (WTVD) -- A brick home off Highway 56 in Franklin County is being called a total loss after catching fire late Thursday night.
The blaze broke out around 11:30 p.m. just east of Louisburg.
No one in the home was hurt, but several firefighters were treated at the scene for heat exhaustion.
Authorities said because the home was in a rural area, crews had to truck in water from other communities.
Officials said it was unclear what caused the fire, but they did know it started in the garage.
franklin county, fire, local/state
- Temps to plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Durham girl's wish comes true
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Woman unknowingly tweets husband's fatal car crash
- Law enforcement officials go Christmas shopping with kids 49 min ago
- North Korea deports captive US tourist and Korean War vet 3 min ago
- Police: Newlyweds killed man for thrills 9 min ago
- Some travel delays at RDU due to storms
- Woman struck, killed by car in Harnett County
- Son: Graham's health declining
- Wake Forest bank robbery suspect caught
- Motorcyclist killed in Durham County crash
- Xerox calls police before layoffs
- High School Football Scores - Playoffs Week 4
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help