Durham police search for hammer-wielding suspects
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- Durham police are investigating two robberies that took place near Duke's campus where suspects were armed with hammers.
Police said the first incident happened on Friday around 10:30 p.m. on Campus Walk Drive. A female told police she was approached by two males with hammers as she was getting out of her vehicle. She said the men robbed her and fled the scene.
The victim was not injured.
The second armed robbery happened Saturday outside an apartment complex in the 700 block of Morreene Road around 11:15 a.m. Police said a man with a hammer approached another man sitting outside his car and robbed him.
The victim suffered a laceration to the head and was taken to the hospital.
Police are currently investigating the two incidents and cannot yet confirm if they are related.
durham county, local/state
- Winter weather possible for some northern areas
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help