Fire damages Durham apartments
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A massive fire heavily damaged an apartment building on Mayfair Street in Durham Monday afternoon.
When firefighters arrived at the Royal Oaks Apartments, flames were shooting from one of the buildings.
The apartments are at Mayfair and Weymouth Street, which is just south of U.S. Highway 15/501.
In all, 24 units were damaged or destroyed.
The Red Cross believes as many as 40 people are being forced to seek shelter elsewhere.
No one was injured.
durham county, local/state
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co.
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case
- Police trying to identify Cary rape suspect
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store 1 min ago
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Cool Kids: Molly Paul
44 min ago