Deputies: Fight over woman leads to Tarboro shooting death
TARBORO, N.C. (WTVD) -- A fight over a woman is to blame for the shooting death of a man in Tarboro, according to deputies.
The Edgecombe County Sheriff's Office was called to a home in the Country Estates Trailer Park at 1:39 a.m.
Officials found a male victim inside the home. He was taken to Vidant Edgecombe Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
After further investigation, deputies learned that the victim got into an altercation over a female with the suspect, 30-year-old Maurice Antonio Moore. Moore is not yet in custody.
Anyone with information on Moore's location, please contact the Edgecombe County Sheriff's Office at (252) 641-7911.
Police have not released the victim's name.
edgecombe county, shooting, homicide, local/state
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Man charged with stealing names, SS numbers from soldiers
- Man struck, killed on I-95 in Selma
- Shearon Harris back in operation
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Appeal to be heard in Jason Young case
- Police: Teen in custody shot himself
- Pilot who crashed at SFO worried about landing
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Prosecutor: no domestic charges against Zimmerman
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help