Ft. Bragg soldier killed in Fayetteville motorcycle crash
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- A motorcyclist was killed Friday night after his bike collided with a car in Fayetteville, according to police.
Fayetteville police responded to a vehicle crash on Raeford Road at the Sandalwood Drive intersection at approximately 10:20 p.m.
Police said the motorcycle was traveling east on Raeford Road when the driver of a 2000 Saturn turned left in front of the bike. Police said the motorcycle was unable to slow down and collided with the car.
The motorcyclist, 19-year-old James Joseph Nickel, was pronounced deceased upon arrival to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center.
Nickel was in the United States Army assigned at Fort Bragg.
The driver of the Saturn has been identified as 17-year-old Andrew Green, of Hope Mills.
accident, cumberland county, local/state
- Police investigate shooting death as homicide
- FDA to regulate e-cigarettes
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Dogwood Festival ready for weather, crowds
- Mother claims daughter assaulted on field trip
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash
- I-Team: Babies not getting care due to backlog
- I-Team: Mom warns of shopping cart danger
- Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear
- Local roofer banned from taking money up front
- New Georgia law makes it legal to carry weapons into bars,...
- Video: Historic NCSU building set for demolition
- Video: Bruce Springsteen fans gather for PNC Arena...