Driver killed in Rocky Mount truck crash
ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (WTVD) -- The tractor trailer driver killed in an accident near Stoney Creek Monday afternoon has been identified.
The accident happened around 1:40 p.m. along the northbound lane of U.S. 301 Highway Bypass at Western Boulevard.
Authorities said 71-year-old David Warren Stone of Rocky Mount was originally reported missing after his tractor trailer overturned, and the truck's cab fell into the rain-swollen Stoney Creek.
Witnesses said a scooter or car may have cut off the 18-wheeler, causing the truck to run off the road.
Crews were finally able to pull the truck out of the creek around 10:30 p.m.
The cause of accident is still under investigation.
Meanwhile, one lane of northbound Wesleyan Boulevard over the Stoney Creek bridge remains closed until repairs can be completed.
nash county, edgecombe county, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash 1 min ago
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
9 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help