Huge fire devours Wake County home
GARNER, N.C. (WTVD) -- A huge fire ripped through a home in the 8400 block of Fawncrest Drive south of Garner and Lake Benson Tuesday afternoon.
Pictures from Chopper 11 showed there was little firefighters could do but try and contain the blaze in the one-story home which was destroyed.
The fire broke just after 2 p.m. It took crews about 45 minutes to knock down the flames.
Two people in the house got out safely and there were no reports of injuries.
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
Neighbors say a married couple lived at the home with their 20-year-old daughter. They saythe daughter and her boyfriend were home at the time of the fire.
wake county, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help