Couple helps injured dog on road to recovery
ANGIER, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Harnett County couple who rescued a neglected and badly burned dog has found that the young, mixed breed pup has given them a new meaning in life.
"When she came into our lives, we were not sure what we were dealing with and so we always said there is always hope and that's the reason we named her that name," said Hope's owner, Stephanie Heine.
Hope wandered up to Stephanie and Erik Heine's home near Angier about a month ago. She was badly neglected, and severely burned by some kind of chemicals.
"I hope nobody did it to her but we don't know," said Erik. "I guess we will never know but she is in a safe home now."
Hope is on the mend. So far, she has gained about 10 pounds, and her badly burned paws are healing. The other scars will take much longer to heal.
"I don't know how somebody could go through all the pain, and not make a single yipe," said Erik.
While Hope is still a little skittish, despite all she has been through, she is still so people friendly.
The couple has set up a Facebook page to chronicle Hope's recovery, and to seek some donations to help pay for more than $1,500 in medical bills so far. However, they said it's not about the money. It's about love and hope.
Donations can also be sent to: Hope Heine, c/o P.O. Box 615, Angier NC 27501-0615.
harnett county, local/state, greg barnes
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry 19 min ago
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Man struck, killed on I-95 in Selma 2 min ago
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
- NC lawmaker charged in state tax case resigns
- Ex-NC State coach pleads guilty to tax charges
- Victim in Durham apartment shooting dies
- Car hits CAT bus, injuries reported
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Teachers union files suit challenging school voucher law
- Car crashes on Glenwood Avenue during chase
- Musical of film 'Bull Durham' to hit the stage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help