Plane diverts to RDU due to sick passenger
RALEIGH-DURHAM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (WTVD) -- Emergency crews were dispatched to Raleigh-Durham International Airport Friday evening after a plane was diverted due to a passenger's medical condition.
A WestJet plane was traveling from Cancun to Toronto when it was forced to land at RDU just after 9 p.m.
Four additional ambulances were called in after others on the plane began to feel faint. All of those passengers were examined on the scene, but none of them required hospitalization.
The passenger who was originally sick was taken to an area hospital with a serious medical condition.
The plane was schedule continue its route early Saturday.
RDU provided passengers with food while they waited.
raleigh durham airport, local/state
- Ice, rain, wind causing flooding, delays, outages 1 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- The latest ABC11 First Alert Weather forecast
25 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help