Plane diverts to RDU due to sick passenger
RALEIGH-DURHAM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (WTVD) -- Emergency crews were dispatched to Raleigh-Durham International Airport Friday evening after a plane was diverted due to a passenger's medical condition.
A WestJet plane was traveling from Cancun to Toronto when it was forced to land at RDU just after 9 p.m.
Four additional ambulances were called in after others on the plane began to feel faint. All of those passengers were examined on the scene, but none of them required hospitalization.
The passenger who was originally sick was taken to an area hospital with a serious medical condition.
The plane was schedule continue its route early Saturday.
RDU provided passengers with food while they waited.
raleigh durham airport, local/state
- Residents gather signatures to protest Publix store
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- McCrory lights State Capitol Christmas tree
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help