Wake Forest family escapes overnight house fire
WAKE FOREST (WTVD) -- A Wake Forest family is staying with their neighbors after a fire broke out at their home overnight.
The blaze started shortly before midnight in the 1200 block of Marbank Street.
The homeowner said he woke up when the fire alarm went off and was able to get his wife and kids out safely.
When firefighters arrived, they went in and rescued the family's dog and hamster. No one was hurt.
It is unclear what sparked the flames, but it appeared to have started on the back deck of the house.
Further details have not been released.
wake county, fire, local/state
- Police investigate shooting death as homicide
- FDA to regulate e-cigarettes
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Dogwood Festival ready for weather, crowds
- Mother claims daughter assaulted on field trip
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash
- I-Team: Babies not getting care due to backlog
- I-Team: Mom warns of shopping cart danger
- Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear
- Local roofer banned from taking money up front
- New Georgia law makes it legal to carry weapons into bars,...
- Video: Historic NCSU building set for demolition
- Video: Bruce Springsteen fans gather for PNC Arena...