Grenade found in Durham shed
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Police responded to a home in Durham Thursday afternoon for reports of a grenade found inside a shed.
It happened in the 3200 block of Stagecoach Road, near Farrington Road, around 5:30 p.m.
Officials said the bomb team was dispatched and the grenade was removed by a containment vessel. It was then taken to a firing range to be disposed of.
No homes were evacuated.
durham county, local/state
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- New bill aims to curb overzealous photoshopping
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter