Grenade found in Durham shed
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Police responded to a home in Durham Thursday afternoon for reports of a grenade found inside a shed.
It happened in the 3200 block of Stagecoach Road, near Farrington Road, around 5:30 p.m.
Officials said the bomb team was dispatched and the grenade was removed by a containment vessel. It was then taken to a firing range to be disposed of.
No homes were evacuated.
durham county, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Brees sharp, Saints beat Panthers 31-13
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help