Three people shot in Harnett County
HARNETT COUNTY (WTVD) -- Authorities in Harnett County are investigating a shooting that injured three people Wednesday night.
Around 8 p.m. officials with the Harnett County Sheriff's Office received a call about someone being shot and that they were on their way to the hospital.
Officials said the call cut off before any other details were given.
A short time later, a trooper with state Highway Patrol found a person on the side of McLean Chapel Church Road in Bunnlevel with a gunshot wound to the leg.
Two other people were also injured. The first victim was taken to Cape Fear Valley Hospital, while the other two went to Betsy Johnson Memorial Hospital. One of them was later air-lifted to UNC Hospital.
Authorities have not released the victims' names or the extent of their injuries.
No other arrests have been made at this time. The incident is still under investigation.
Further details have not been released.
harnett county, local/state
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry 48 min ago
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Man charged with stealing names, SS numbers from soldiers
- Man struck, killed on I-95 in Selma
- Shearon Harris back in operation
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Appeal to be heard in Jason Young case
- Police: Teen in custody shot himself
- Pilot who crashed at SFO worried about landing
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Prosecutor: no domestic charges against Zimmerman
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes...
47 min ago
- Uptick in flu cases in Triangle
53 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help