Suspect named in fatal shooting at Fayetteville house party
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Fayetteville police detectives have identified the victim from a fatal shooting that happened at a party early Monday morning and they have a warrant out for the suspect.
Officers were called to the 1900 block of Westhill Drive off Ireland Drive around 3 a.m. after someone reported the shooting.
Police said about 15 people who were at the house party said three men showed up and robbed them at gunpoint. During the incident, 28-year-old Danny Ray McFadden was shot and killed
Detectives have a warrant against 25-year-old Anthony Dwayne Hair for first-degree murder in connection with McFadden's death.
Police said the case is still under investigation, and additional suspects and charges may be forthcoming.
Hair does not have a current address, but has been known to frequent the areas of Bonnie Doone and Massey Hill.
People are urged not to approach Hair, as he should be considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information should contact the Fayetteville Police Department through 911 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help