Suspect named in fatal shooting at Fayetteville house party
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Fayetteville police detectives have identified the victim from a fatal shooting that happened at a party early Monday morning and they have a warrant out for the suspect.
Officers were called to the 1900 block of Westhill Drive off Ireland Drive around 3 a.m. after someone reported the shooting.
Police said about 15 people who were at the house party said three men showed up and robbed them at gunpoint. During the incident, 28-year-old Danny Ray McFadden was shot and killed
Detectives have a warrant against 25-year-old Anthony Dwayne Hair for first-degree murder in connection with McFadden's death.
Police said the case is still under investigation, and additional suspects and charges may be forthcoming.
Hair does not have a current address, but has been known to frequent the areas of Bonnie Doone and Massey Hill.
People are urged not to approach Hair, as he should be considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information should contact the Fayetteville Police Department through 911 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Proposed penalties in NC Fair accident announced
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Man seeks to hide 'murder' tattoo before trial
- Teacher pay raise in Wake County could require tax increase 21 min ago
- Raleigh police seek 'Bearded Bandit'
- Protestors demand state leaders expand Medicaid 31 min ago
- Video: I-Team: Who pays coal ash cleanup cost? 23 min ago
- NCCU bracing for job cuts
- Interim president of St. Augustine's University named
- Man injured in Raleigh shooting
- Suspect shoots at deputy in Four Oaks
- Object washes ashore amid Malaysia plane search
- 9th suspect in Wake Forest kidnapping surrenders
- I-Team: Who pays coal ash cleanup cost?
23 min ago
- Money Saver: NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund
40 min ago