Fayetteville police investigating fatal shooting
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Authorities in Fayetteville are investigating a fatal shooting that happened during a party early Monday.
Officers were called to the 1900 block of Westhill Drive off Ireland Drive around 3 a.m. after someone reported the shooting.
Police said about 15 people who were at the house party said three men showed up and robbed them at gunpoint.
During the incident, one of the party-goers was shot and killed. Another person was also shot and taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
The three suspects fled scene along with two women. They were last seen in a white newer model Nissan sedan.
Meanwhile, the names of the victims have not been released at this time.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call detectives with the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1856 or Crime Stoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, shooting, local/state
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Lindsay Lohan calls sex list 'humiliating'
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12 22 min ago
- Police investigate meth lab near Clayton
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets
- Mazda recalls 109,000 older SUVs for rust problem 58 min ago
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings 27 min ago
- Bodie, Cape Hatteras lighthouses to open 49 min ago
- Raleigh police investigate home invasion
- Video: Easter celebration in Durham