Missing soldier Kelli Bordeaux remembered at Fort Bragg
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- It's been a little over a year since Kelli Bordeaux vanished in Fayetteville. The Army medic hasn't been seen since.
Friday, Fort Bragg held a remembrance ceremony on post for Bordeaux's family and members of her unit.
Bordeaux's sister Olivia Cox said the family is not giving up hope.
"She needs our help, and I will never let her down. Kelli needs to be aware and everyone needs to know we will never give up on her," said Cox.
The 23-year-old disappeared the night of April 13, 2012. Bordeaux was last seen leaving a north Fayetteville nightclub with an acquaintance. He told authorities he gave Bordeaux a ride home to her apartment on Water Trail Drive from the bar Froggy Bottoms.
Police say two text messages were sent from Bordeaux's phone after she left the bar, including one that said she had arrived home. Investigators, however, have said they do not believe she sent that text message.
She was officially reported missing to police when she didn't show up for work the following Monday.
Organized searches for Bordeaux have not turned up anything so far.
Last month, the Army's criminal investigation command announced a $25,000 reward for information leading to Bordeaux's whereabouts.
There will be another search for Bordeaux this weekend. It is open to volunteers from the public.
Meet at the Food Lion across from Cape Fear Valley Health Pavilion on Andrews Road.
Sign in starts at 10 a.m. The search is expected to begin at 10:30 a.m.
cumberland county, kelli bordeaux, local/state
- Police investigate shooting death as homicide
- FDA to regulate e-cigarettes
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Dogwood Festival ready for weather, crowds 50 min ago
- Mother claims daughter assaulted on field trip
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash
- I-Team: Babies not getting care due to backlog
- I-Team: Mom warns of shopping cart danger
- Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear
- Local roofer banned from taking money up front
- New Georgia law makes it legal to carry weapons into bars,...
- Video: Historic NCSU building set for demolition
- Video: Bruce Springsteen fans gather for PNC Arena...
- Dogwood Festival ready for weather, crowds
50 min ago
- Residents concerned about coal ash in Kerr...
59 min ago