Missing soldier Kelli Bordeaux remembered at Fort Bragg
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- It's been a little over a year since Kelli Bordeaux vanished in Fayetteville. The Army medic hasn't been seen since.
Friday, Fort Bragg held a remembrance ceremony on post for Bordeaux's family and members of her unit.
Bordeaux's sister Olivia Cox said the family is not giving up hope.
"She needs our help, and I will never let her down. Kelli needs to be aware and everyone needs to know we will never give up on her," said Cox.
The 23-year-old disappeared the night of April 13, 2012. Bordeaux was last seen leaving a north Fayetteville nightclub with an acquaintance. He told authorities he gave Bordeaux a ride home to her apartment on Water Trail Drive from the bar Froggy Bottoms.
Police say two text messages were sent from Bordeaux's phone after she left the bar, including one that said she had arrived home. Investigators, however, have said they do not believe she sent that text message.
She was officially reported missing to police when she didn't show up for work the following Monday.
Organized searches for Bordeaux have not turned up anything so far.
Last month, the Army's criminal investigation command announced a $25,000 reward for information leading to Bordeaux's whereabouts.
There will be another search for Bordeaux this weekend. It is open to volunteers from the public.
Meet at the Food Lion across from Cape Fear Valley Health Pavilion on Andrews Road.
Sign in starts at 10 a.m. The search is expected to begin at 10:30 a.m.
cumberland county, kelli bordeaux, local/state
- Ice, rain, wind causing slick roads, delays, outages 10 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help