Police: Teen posed as woman to get naked photos
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- An 18-year-old from Franklin County has been charged with having naked pictures of two young boys and threatening the boys when they wouldn't send more.
Mitchell Louws faces charges that could put him behind bars for almost 30 years.
Raleigh police said Louws posed as a woman online to get the boys, ages 13 and 14, to send him the photos.
Police claim that when he wanted more and the boys wouldn't send them, he threatened to either post the pictures he already had online or send them to friends and family.
Louws was charged with first-degree sexual exploitation of a minor and two counts of extortion.
His bond is set at $50,000. His next court appearance set for May 2.
franklin county, wake county, sex offense, local/state, ed crump
- Judge rules against teacher tenure state law
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Man seeks to hide 'murder' tattoo before trial
- Man killed by tractor in Johnston County
- Teen bicyclist hit by car in Johnston County
- Proposed penalties in NC Fair accident announced
- I-Team: Family says deputy hit child on bike
- Fort Bragg sex assault reporting increases as center opens
- Wake teacher pay raise could require tax increase
- Raleigh police seek 'Bearded Bandit'
- Protestors demand state leaders expand Medicaid
- Video: I-Team: Who pays coal ash cleanup cost?
- NYPD's Twitter request for photos backfires