School activity bus hits railroad bridge in Nash County
BAILEY, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Johnston County activity school bus struck a railroad bridge in Nash County Wednesday afternoon.
School officials said activity bus 8029 was carrying 12 students and two adults to a JV girls' softball game when it struck the bridge on N.C. Highway 581 in Bailey.
The students on the bus were from North Johnston High School.
There were no injuries.
The clearance on the railroad bridge is 8 foot, 6 inches.
johnston county, nash county, accident, local/state
- Police investigate shooting death as homicide
- FDA to regulate e-cigarettes
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Dogwood Festival ready for weather, crowds 44 min ago
- Mother claims daughter assaulted on field trip
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash
- I-Team: Babies not getting care due to backlog
- I-Team: Mom warns of shopping cart danger
- Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear
- Local roofer banned from taking money up front
- New Georgia law makes it legal to carry weapons into bars,...
- Video: Historic NCSU building set for demolition
- Video: Bruce Springsteen fans gather for PNC Arena...
- Dogwood Festival ready for weather, crowds
44 min ago
- Residents concerned about coal ash in Kerr...
53 min ago