Raleigh police: Man died after officers tasered him
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh police are investigating the death of a man who was tasered by officers early Wednesday morning.
Authorities said around 4 a.m. they received a call about the man running around naked outside of Emmanuel Baptist Church near Wiggs Street and Mial Street.
When police arrived, they said the man was physically aggressive with officers, so they tasered him. That's when they said he collapsed and died at the scene.
The Raleigh Police Department later identified the man as 45-year-old Thomas Jeffery Sadler.
Neighbors said Sadler was renting a house in the neighborhood and had lived there about two years.
The case will be reviewed by The State Bureau of Investigation.
wake county, raleigh police, local/state
- Winter storm warning for ice in northern areas 3 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help