Elderly Fayetteville man charged with DWI after crash
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- An elderly man is facing several charges including DWI after hitting a utility pole in Fayetteville Tuesday night.
Police said 71-year-old Mitchell Cogdell's 2011 Chevrolet HHR ran off the roadway and collided with the pole on Rowan Street near Bragg Boulevard around 8:30 p.m.
Cogdell was charged with driving while impaired, careless/reckless, driving with a revoked license and possession of an open container of alcohol. It is unknown if he was injured in the crash.
The accident closed Rowan Street between Ray Avenue and Bragg Boulevard while utility crews repaired the pole and power lines. The street was reopened to traffic hours later.
cumberland county, accident, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Brees sharp, Saints beat Panthers 31-13
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help