Elderly Fayetteville man charged with DWI after crash
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- An elderly man is facing several charges including DWI after hitting a utility pole in Fayetteville Tuesday night.
Police said 71-year-old Mitchell Cogdell's 2011 Chevrolet HHR ran off the roadway and collided with the pole on Rowan Street near Bragg Boulevard around 8:30 p.m.
Cogdell was charged with driving while impaired, careless/reckless, driving with a revoked license and possession of an open container of alcohol. It is unknown if he was injured in the crash.
The accident closed Rowan Street between Ray Avenue and Bragg Boulevard while utility crews repaired the pole and power lines. The street was reopened to traffic hours later.
cumberland county, accident, local/state
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Lindsay Lohan calls sex list 'humiliating'
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12 24 min ago
- Police investigate meth lab near Clayton
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets
- Mazda recalls 109,000 older SUVs for rust problem
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings 29 min ago
- Bodie, Cape Hatteras lighthouses to open 51 min ago
- Raleigh police investigate home invasion
- Video: Easter celebration in Durham