Elderly Fayetteville man charged with DWI after crash
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- An elderly man is facing several charges including DWI after hitting a utility pole in Fayetteville Tuesday night.
Police said 71-year-old Mitchell Cogdell's 2011 Chevrolet HHR ran off the roadway and collided with the pole on Rowan Street near Bragg Boulevard around 8:30 p.m.
Cogdell was charged with driving while impaired, careless/reckless, driving with a revoked license and possession of an open container of alcohol. It is unknown if he was injured in the crash.
The accident closed Rowan Street between Ray Avenue and Bragg Boulevard while utility crews repaired the pole and power lines. The street was reopened to traffic hours later.
cumberland county, accident, local/state
- Judge rules against teacher tenure state law
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Man seeks to hide 'murder' tattoo before trial
- Man killed by tractor in Johnston County
- Teen bicyclist hit by car in Johnston County
- Proposed penalties in NC Fair accident announced
- I-Team: Family says deputy hit child on bike
- Fort Bragg sex assault reporting increases as center opens
- Wake teacher pay raise could require tax increase
- Raleigh police seek 'Bearded Bandit'
- Protestors demand state leaders expand Medicaid
- Video: I-Team: Who pays coal ash cleanup cost?
- NYPD's Twitter request for photos backfires