Durham named 'Tastiest Town in the South'
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Move over New Orleans, Miami and Charleston, Durham is now the 'Tastiest Town in the South'. That is according to voters who took part in a survey by Southern Living Magazine.
The magazine made the announcement Tuesday at the Durham Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Southern Living selected the 10 finalist and then residents and readers voted.
The magazine's travel and features editor said Durham's community spirit helped put the city on top.
"The community was really engaged," Jennifer Cole said. "You know there were things that you could scan and vote at food trucks. There were posters, there were cards that went into you know your check when you got your ticket at a restaurant. There were Twitter parties, they were, I mean hash tags. It was sort of the social media storm that took over."
Durham will be featured in the May issue of Southern Living Magazine that comes out next week.
durham county, local/state
- Ice, rain, wind causing slick roads, delays, outages 10 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help