Wake County couple dead after murder/suicide
WAKE COUNTY -- Wake County deputies are investigating a double shooting south of Garner at Old Stage Road and Fieldstream Farm Road that happened Thursday around 10 a.m.
Deputies said when they arrived on the scene they found 25-year-old Kyle Christopher Miller dead in the front yard of a home in the 1300 block of Fieldstream Farm Road.
Jennifer Callighan's body was found inside a home next door.
Authorities believe Miller was the shooter and the incident began in the home where Miller's body was found. They believe Callighan tried to flee next door.
Neighbors told deputies that Miller was firing at Callighan as he chased her outside the home south of Garner. The witnesses say they heard about seven shots.
A woman at the scene of the shooting identified herself as Miller's mother. She told ABC11 she came after getting a disturbing text message from her son Friday morning.
"They had an argument last night that I know of, because he did text me some things this morning that got me worrying that he might hurt himself," Miller's mother Carol Miller said.
The mother said the couple had a tumultuous relationship and Callighan took out a restraining order against Miller last year. She said the couple had been living together again.
State records show Miller was convicted in October of assault on a female and violating a domestic violence protective order and was serving 18 months on probation.
"I couldn't convince him to stay away," Carol Miller said.
wake county, local/state
- Residents gather signatures to protest Publix store
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- McCrory lights State Capitol Christmas tree
- Salvation Army coming up short this year
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help