Sequestration leads to cutbacks at local museum
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- There is new fallout to the budget cuts known as sequestration.
The Airborne and Special Operations Museum in Fayetteville will be closing four days a week.
Visitors will be welcomed only on Fridays and Saturdays (from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.), and Sundays (from noon to 5 p.m.)
The new hours take effect April 1.
The Fayetteville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau says the museum saw its two millionth visitor earlier this month.
The museum opened in 2000.
cumberland county, local/state
- Police investigate shooting death as homicide
- FDA to regulate e-cigarettes
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Dogwood Festival ready for weather, crowds
- Mother claims daughter assaulted on field trip
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash
- I-Team: Babies not getting care due to backlog
- I-Team: Mom warns of shopping cart danger
- Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear
- Local roofer banned from taking money up front
- New Georgia law makes it legal to carry weapons into bars,...
- Video: Historic NCSU building set for demolition
- Video: Bruce Springsteen fans gather for PNC Arena...